Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quiet

I know -- I've been awfully quiet lately. I tend to not want to blow my own horn or speak before things work the way we like. Plus...we tend to have somewhat rather boring lives.

I started volunteering at the Concord-Merrimack County SPCA at the beginning of the month. They were very excited to have a geek on board. I needed something else to do with my time off (I like to stay busy) and I love animals. Rather than becoming a cat-lady with 100 cats, I figured that I could help out (even in some small way) at the SPCA. So far, I've gotten them caught up with some data entry, helped send mass emails and worked on creating the Facebook page. Going forward, I'm not sure what I'll be doing -- but I'm happy to help out!

Wil and I have been trying to find someplace new to live. The house is too much at this point and we need to save money. Since there is just the two of us, we really don't need a lot of room; just need someplace that will allow us to bring our zoo (3 cats & dog). We had a duplex in Manchester lined up, but that fell through. So we're working on an apartment in Concord. Trying to get out of the current house by mid-July.

Wil's house in Pennsylvania sold this month. All of the credit goes to my sister-in-law, Marybeth. She was wonderful!! She did all the leg work and follow up to get the house sold for us. One less thing to worry about! Perhaps a little bitter-sweet for Wil; but I know he wanted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment