Thursday, April 16, 2009

13 February, 2009

Facebook

My new favorite obsession is Facebook. I can spend hours on there -- searching out friends, playing games, sending messages, etc. It's not bad enough that I'm a geek to begin with....but there has to be a limit, right?

The Geek at work

Ok -- no limit. Have you ever spent so much time surfing the web or chatting or working on a site that you lose track of time? I have.
I've looked up from the screen long enough to notice what time it is -- usually some god awful hour of the night. But anyways....my point was Facebook.

I'm so in love with this site! Just today I've reconnected with my first college roommate, from Plymouth State. We never really had a lot in common, but in the back of your mind you wonder what happened to her. A few weeks back, one of my best friends from high school found me -- it was awesome to see her! Most of my cousins are on Facebook -- which is fabulous beyond words! Grampa always said that familys only get together for weddings and funerals; well this way I can keep tabs on my cousins! Beyond my website (which I'm guessing probably doesn't get as much traffic as I'd hope), FB is a great way to share news and photos. Especially with people that you don't/can't see all the time. Hell....my ex-roommate (Scott) & I used to "talk" via FB more than we did in person sometimes! Scary....

There are groups that you can join on FB. One of the groups I found is for Bear Hill 4-H Camp! Holy Schnikees! I spent 1-2weeks there every summer from age 8-15 -- loved it! I've been able to reconnect with that part of my past and see what became of my favorite counselors. Wow.....

bnc

No comments:

Post a Comment