Thursday, April 16, 2009

6 February, 2009

Ode to the Lump

I'm not a poet -- but my lil lump was in my heart. Davis Piggie Campbell 2004-09

Wil woke me up this morning to let me know that Davis had passed away. I didn't check his cage when I got home from work last night; since Davis wasn't climbing on his cage or chewing the bars, I figured he was sleeping. Good sleeper....

I got Davis from PetCo during the World Series of October 04. My brother had left for California the month before and in some small way this was a memory to hang on to (had guinea pigs when I was a kid). In my apartment, Davis's cage was in the living room and I usually left the door open. He would climb on the cage and poke his head out -- as if saying "hello!" The cats usually didn't bother him. When we moved into the house, the cage was in the dining room (warmest room in the house). Tessa turned Davis into her pet, so we stopped leaving the door open.

Davis was a lump -- he liked being in his cage munching on veggies. I have a ball for him -- but he never quite got the point of it and was usually upset when I took him out of his cage.

Miss my lump already....

bnc

No comments:

Post a Comment