Thursday, April 16, 2009

4 March, 2009


Today is my seven year anniversary at NHHEAF.

Seven years ago.... I was working in Borrower & Loan Services (BLS) processing returned mail -- often times repetative and boring, but I needed a job at that point. My supervisors saw my potential and promoted me to a Customer Service Representative (CSR). I spent a few years as a CSR -- even promoted to a Senior CSR, training other CSRs, watching the phone queues, outbound caller queues and working on various reports.

In March 04, I was extremely fortunate to be able to join the nightime Help Desk operations team (Ops). I split my time between Ops & BLS -- but it was definitely a step in the right direction to where I wanted to be: computers. Working nights, I was often teased about being the company vampire -- not that it mattered to me, I'm not a morning person.

In the spring of 2006, I was even more fortunate to be able to join Ops on a full-time basis and I left BLS. Since then, I have worked days and nights, weekdays and weekends. Anything to show my dedication to learn, grow and succeed in my career. Currently, I am a Computer Operator on IBM AS400 systems.


NHHEAF has been VERY good to me over the years. Great benefits -- including helping me pay for college -- fabulous career opportunities. Good friends. Great flexibility.

The Greatful Dead said it best -- What a long strange trip it's been.....

bnc

No comments:

Post a Comment