Thursday, April 16, 2009

28 February, 2009

The Idiot Box
Ok, so I probably watch WAAAAAAAAY more television than any other person..... Whatever. It's a way to relax, escape, background noise, entertain, educate or enlighten. Sitcoms, dramas, cartoons, movies (made-for-TV or regular), some reality shows, infomercials or on-demand -- whatever happens to float my boat at the moment. Usually fall asleep with the TV on -- which I've been doing for years -- and I'm sure annoys my husband (he likes the quiet).
My new favorite show is on TNT - Leverage. It was on for about three months and will be coming back this summer -- starring Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Aldis Hodge and Beth Riesgraf. A crew of high-tech crooks attempt to steal from wealthy criminals and corrupt businessmen.
It's FABULOUS!! The writing is superb -- definitely action packed, great one-liners, interesting plots and characters, great guest stars. The show has found a niche and not like anything else out there.

"Sometimes bad guys make the best good guys."

A modern day twist on Robin Hood -- helping the less fortunate by taking down or hurting corporate evil and greed. At the same time, we see more of each characters internal demons. Nate is an alcoholic, Sophie is a grifter, Eliot is a thug, Parker is a thief and Hardison is a hacker.

I originally got into the show because I have enjoyed Timothy Hutton's work and the teaser's on TV made it look interesting. After the first episode I was hooked. Lately, I have been doing more research on the various actors on the show -- where did they come from? What have they done before? I was surfing Facebook the other night (shocker) and found that Christian Kane is a musician. Holy Schnikees!! Well....I dug further (after I added myself as a fan to his FB page). He is a fabulous singer! I was able to download his CD from his website -- www.ChristianKane.com -- and I'm just amazed. Haven't quite figured out which came first -- the acting, singing or writing (he does write his own songs) but he is quite multi-talented and VERY quickly becoming a new obsession.

If you click on the "LC on MySpace" button on the navigation bar on my website, you can listen to a few of Christian's songs. He wrote "More than I Deserve."

No comments:

Post a Comment